Oven Baked Potato Wedges are top-of-the-line aspect dishes to hit the dinner desk!
Potatoes are reduce into wedges, tossed in a mix of seasonings, parmesan, and olive oil, and roasted.
Serve with ketchup or your favourite dips.
The Greatest Potatoes to For Wedges
Baked potato wedges are greatest with a pleasant starchy potato. Similar to when making french fries, I feel one of the best potatoes are russet potatoes or Idaho. Search for potatoes which can be pretty small (the wedge dimension will likely be higher).
Potato wedges do work with crimson or yellow skinned potatoes, the feel will likely be a bit creamier and extra much like a roasted potato and the skin gained’t be fairly as crisp.
Lower Potato Wedges
I don’t peel potato wedges, I like the colour, taste and texture of the pores and skin. If you happen to’d wish to peel them, achieve this earlier than slicing into wedges.
- Lay potato on its aspect and reduce in half lengthwise.
- Lay the reduce sides down and reduce in half lengthwise once more.
- Flip the potato items over (pores and skin dimension down) and reduce down the center as soon as extra to create wedges.
If the potatoes are giant, or if smaller wedges are desired, preserve slicing till the wedges are all the specified dimension.
Make Potato Wedges
Do-it-yourself roasted potato wedges are simple to make baked within the oven and are available out good and crispy on the skin and fluffy and tender inside.
- Prep potatoes (soak them in chilly water per the recipe beneath if time permits) and reduce them into wedges as above.
- Toss with seasoning and parmesan and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake till tender and serve sizzling (they can be cooked in an air fryer).
Attempt making them with your personal rubs or seasoning blends for a customized aspect good for any meal!
Make Potato Wedges Crispy within the Oven
- Soak: Soak the potatoes in chilly water for not less than half-hour (or up to some hours). This removes lots of starch from the skin (you’ll see it within the backside of the bowl as you take away them).
- Dab Dry: As soon as soaked, dry the potatoes effectively. Any water left will steam the potato wedges as a substitute of crisp them.
- Oil: Be beneficiant with the oil, it helps them crisp.
- Warmth: A excessive warmth helps crisp the skin similar to when making roasted greens. You can too broil for a couple of minutes (with out parchment paper) if desired.
What to Serve with Potato Wedges
Potatoes are the proper car for ANY type of sauce or dip! Here’s a record of concepts to encourage you!
As for predominant dishes that make potato wedges an ideal aspect, listed here are just a few favorites!
Or actually something you’re craving! they’re such a flexible aspect dish that goes nice with something.
Potato wedges are simple to reheat! Place them in a non stick pan with a contact of oil over medium low warmth and canopy. Stir sometimes till heated by. You can too microwave them however they gained’t be as crispy!
Crispy Potato Aspect Dishes
Crispy Baked Potato Wedges
Completely seasoned and tossed in Parmesan, that is one of the best appetizer or aspect dish for any meal, together with breakfast!
Preheat oven to 425°F.
Wash potatoes and reduce in half lenghwise after which reduce into wedges (relying on dimension, 8-10 wedges every).
If time permits, soak potato wedges in chilly water not less than half-hour. Drain and dry very effectively with a kitchen towel or paper towels.
Toss potatoes with remaining substances till effectively coated.
Place potatoes, pores and skin aspect down, on a big baking pan and bake till tender and browned, about 45-50 minutes.
- Soaking the potatoes in chilly water for not less than half-hour (or up to some hours) removes starches.
- As soon as soaked, dry the potatoes effectively so they do not steam.
- Be beneficiant with the oil, it helps them crisp.
- They are often broiled a minute or two earlier than serving if desired.
Energy: 256, Carbohydrates: 32g, Protein: 6g, Fats: 12g, Saturated Fats: 3g, Ldl cholesterol: 4mg, Sodium: 400mg, Potassium: 718mg, Fiber: 2g, Sugar: 1g, Vitamin A: 49IU, Vitamin C: 10mg, Calcium: 96mg, Iron: 2mg
(Diet data offered is an estimate and can differ primarily based on cooking strategies and types of substances used.)
Course Appetizer, Aspect Dish