Roasted Balsamic Brussels Sprouts are a simple aspect. Deliciously easy, these caramelized sprouts are so flavorful and are fast to prep.
Roasted Balsamic Brussels Sprouts are a easy and scrumptious aspect with crispy brussel sprouts tossed in balsamic vinegar for scrumptious taste and nice caramelization.
This favourite veggie has a lot taste when roasted. End with a drizzle of balsamic glaze earlier than serving.
A Fave Brussel Sprouts Recipe
This 5 ingredient recipe appears easy however the outcomes are so good! The balsamic turns into virtually a glaze served with creamy-crisp sprouts.
- Easy components and a easy technique with tons of taste.
- Balsamic vinegar tastes nice and caramelizes superbly.
- This aspect dish will be ready forward of time and roasted simply earlier than serving.
- Leftovers reheat nicely or are nice served chilled in salads.
- Brussels Sprouts are thought-about a superfood and are loaded with antioxidants.
BRUSSELS SPROUTS As at all times, recent is finest, however frozen sprouts will work for this recipe too. If utilizing frozen, they could must roast for 5-10 minutes longer and they’ll have a softer texture.
BALSAMIC VINEGAR The glaze is created by coating the greens with balsamic vinegar and olive oil. Add a tablespoon of honey to deliver out the pure sweetness of the brussel sprouts should you’d like.
SEASONING Minced garlic plus salt & pepper are all that’s wanted. When you have balsamic glaze in your cabinet, it may be drizzled on after roasting.
We love this dish as is and make it usually. Beneath are some favourite variations to vary it up.
- Add shredded Parmesan cheese baked on high for the final 5 minutes of cooking. Feta additionally tastes nice with this combo.
- Attempt including some chopped Pancetta or crispy oven bacon for a gourmand twist. Pancetta roasts up superbly within the oven, getting crackly and crisp.
- For a heartier aspect, attempt merely including some thinly sliced potato or candy potato tossed and roasted proper in with the sprouts. Delish!
- This combination works nicely with different veggies like onions, cauliflower, broccoli, carrots and even inexperienced beans.
Learn how to Trim Brussels Sprouts
Select sprouts which can be agency and have a pale to darkish inexperienced colour. If they’re nonetheless connected to their stem, merely break them off.
- Use a paring knife to trim off the underside stem the place it was connected, taking care to not take away an excessive amount of so the Brussels sprouts don’t come aside.
- Take away any outer leaves which can be wilted or brown.
- Reduce bigger sprouts in half. Rinse totally and pat dry earlier than roasting.
Learn how to Roast Balsamic Brussels Sprouts
Now comes the straightforward half:
- Toss ready Brussel Sprouts with all of the components till coated.
- Place the combination on a sheet pan in a single layer. (If utilizing frozen sprouts, line the pan with parchment paper.)
- Roast per the recipe directions beneath.
Leftovers style nice the subsequent day. It’s one of many greens we love leftover, chilly, & straight out of the fridge.
When you have an air fryer, nevertheless, it is a nice approach to reheat absolutely anything! Roasted sprouts can be crisped up and heated beneath the broiler, then served with dipping sauce for a wholesome snack. To freeze, place in a freezer-safe container or bag for as much as 12 months.
Extra Fave Brussels Recipes
Did you make these Balsamic Roasted Brussels Sprouts? You’ll want to depart a score and a remark beneath!
Balsamic Roasted Brussels Sprouts
These balsamic roasted Brussels sprouts are a simple, flavorful aspect dish with solely 5 easy components!
Preheat oven to 400°F.
Trim Brussels sprouts and minimize in half if they’re massive.
Toss Brussel sprouts with olive oil, balsamic and garlic.
Season generously with salt and pepper and place on a baking sheet, flat aspect down.
Roast 20-25 minutes or till Brussels are tender.
Optionally available Variations
- Add shredded Parmesan on high over the last 5 minutes.
- Add chopped Pancetta to the pan earlier than cooking.
- For a heartier aspect, add thinly sliced potato.
- For a sweeter aspect dish, attempt roasting with pecans.
- Prime with feta or goat cheese crumbles after baking.
- Balsamic glaze will be drizzled on high earlier than serving if desired.
Energy: 144, Carbohydrates: 17g, Protein: 6g, Fats: 8g, Saturated Fats: 1g, Polyunsaturated Fats: 1g, Monounsaturated Fats: 5g, Sodium: 45mg, Potassium: 677mg, Fiber: 6g, Sugar: 5g, Vitamin A: 1283IU, Vitamin C: 145mg, Calcium: 76mg, Iron: 3mg
(Vitamin info offered is an estimate and can fluctuate based mostly on cooking strategies and types of components used.)
Course Facet Dish