This simple Tomato Jam recipe was given to me by my mother-in-law. It’s scrumptious!
Recent backyard tomatoes are simmered in a candy and savory combination of sugar, vinegar and seasonings to create a selection and condiment you’ll love!
It is going to up-level each recipe from sandwiches to burgers, eggs, and veggies! Make it with pink or inexperienced tomatoes.
What’s Tomato Jam?
- Thick and hearty, tomato jam is a candy and savory tomato-based condiment.
- This jam is good (as a jam ought to be) with a tangy kick and a bit bit of warmth (in the event you’d like).
- It’s simply made on the range and retains weeks within the fridge, no canning is required!
- This quick and straightforward condiment to impress at your events, picnics, and BBQs.
- That is a type of superb ‘backyard presents’ to make when you have an abundance of summer time tomatoes. Everybody loves a do-it-yourself jar of tomato jam. Better of all, it’s going to freeze for as much as 6 months!
Elements & Variations
Tomatoes – No have to blanch and peel tomatoes for tomato jam! Any contemporary tomatoes will do, nevertheless, contemporary Roma’s are the perfect as a result of they’ve skinny skins and are as meaty as canned Marzano’s.
Sugar – Honey is a pure sweetener that melts simply into tomato jam. Brown sugar, molasses, and even sugar-free Swerve can be utilized, nevertheless, the top outcome won’t be as jelly-like as the unique recipe requires.
Seasonings – Apple cider offsets the acidity of the tomatoes, however the stage of serrano chile is as much as you. Meet your warmth and use as a lot or as little as you want. A splash of cayenne pepper, Tabasco sauce, or a splash of Sriracha might be switched out for minced chiles.
Add-Ins Cracked black pepper, diced shallots, or bacon bits will make your tomato jam recipe stand out!
How you can Make Tomato Jam
This fancy condiment is really easy to make, simply three easy steps!
- Carry all components to a boil.
- Cool & serve.
Significantly. That’s all.
How you can Serve Tomato Jam
What doesn’t go together with tomato jam?!
Ideas for the Finest Jam
- If the jam is just too free after half-hour, proceed cooking till the specified thickness is achieved.
- Use contemporary ripe tomatoes for the perfect taste.
- Tomatoes don’t should be peeled or seeded.
- Preserve tomato jam refrigerated in a sealed container for as much as 10 days. Freeze parts in zippered luggage for as much as 6 months!
Did you make this Tomato Jam? Depart us a ranking and a remark beneath!